Dear You,
It’s funny how friends slip in and out of our lives and how those precious few remain. It takes a lot to keep a friendship together, and I have to admit that I haven’t done my part. At one time, we were inseparable. Playing Zelda, listening to Britney Spears and spraying that orange spray in my room are some of best memories I have from being younger. I still listen to Britney Spears, and I must admit I still love video games, but I’ve lost track of that orange spray… and I’ve lost track of you.
Yes, there are things I know because of Facebook and such, but I don’t know you anymore, and that makes me sad. We spent years taking turns spending the night at each other’s houses, doing stupid things, crushing on boys, dating boys (and in your case, dating the same boys again… love that guy) but for some reason, it stopped. I don’t know if it was because we just grew apart because we were best friends so young, or if we were just too busy with different things, or if it was him that distracted me for so long. People change, I understand that, and we most definitely have changed, but that’s okay. We were best friends once, and I believe we can be great friends again.
We had so much fun together. Remember Halloween that one year? And when you burned a hole on the top of your tongue from sucking on too many Warheads? And the day we decided to walk from your house to my house and that dog followed us? We carried our instruments thinking it’d be a shorter walk than it actually was. I laugh whenever I think of how naïve we were. That was one hell of a long walk! I also remember when you got glasses and I tried them on for the first time and was amazed to see the board clearly. I went home and told my mom about it and she didn’t believe that I needed glasses. She thought that since you had gotten them, I wanted them too. It took her another two years to figure out that I was telling the truth and that I actually needed them. Thanks, Mom.
It’s probably long overdue, but I wanted to tell you how much I loved being your friend, and how I would love to be your friend again. Not just a “Hey, hi, how are you?” Facebook type of friend, but a real face-to-face type of friend. One that sees you from time to time, one that knows you. We’re busy, I understand that, but I would love to reconnect and soon.
I’ll bring Zelda, and you bring the Warheads.
I know you still love Britney.
**A**
No comments:
Post a Comment