Simply put, you inspire me. I’m there every day because of you, to be taught by you, to learn from you. You say, ‘Jump!’ and I don’t just say ‘How high?’ I say ‘How high, for how long, and would you like me to do it on one foot?’ I put all of myself into it not because I don’t want to disappoint myself, but because I don’t want to disappoint you. That might not be what you want to hear, don’t get me wrong, I do it for myself, but you’re the reason why. I’m not sure you know how amazing you are, how people see you, and how you make us all feel. Seen. Appreciated. Loved. You care, and we know that, we see that, and we thank you for it.
Energy surrounds you, encompasses you, is you. A bubbling ball of uber energy that starts my day off in the perfect way. We leave with a piece of you, and we leave a little piece of us behind too, sometimes in the form of a sweaty puddle on the floor. That would be gross for most, but we know you appreciate it because it means we’ve given it all and more.
Sometimes we arrive and our eyes are still nearly closed, brains hazy, thoughts of ‘How did I get here?’ flit through our minds as we stand on the floor and start to stretch. Within an hour, you’ve worked us head to toe, have us thinking and planning for our day, making us better people mind and body and preparing us to make healthy decisions throughout the day. Those are decisions I would not have made on my own, but you made me think, and see, and choose differently. I know I’m not the only one that feels that way, and to be able to touch so many is a unique and amazing gift.
My favorite day of the week is Monday. Not a lot of people can say that, in fact, I think almost everyone I know would heartily disagree with me, but I always look forward to Monday. Not just because it’s the start of my weekly routine, and I LOVE my routine, and not just because I get to see everyone I’ve become friends with over the last couple of years, although that’s a plus too. It’s because I get to start my week with the most positive influence I’ve ever met: You. I begin Monday and end Monday in the same way: leaving a piece of myself behind on the floor, and leaving with a positive, energetic, amazing piece of you.
Thank you for who you are and what you do. You are an inspiration.
**A**
No comments:
Post a Comment