Where did the association between men and dogs come from, anyway? Dogs have a bad rep when it comes to men and the comparison drawn between members of the opposite sex and their canine counterparts. Sure, dog might be man’s best friend, but behavior-wise, I say men are far more like cats. That’s not necessarily a good thing. What perpetrated this rant, you ask? A variety of observations as well as recent and ancient encounters with guys (both negative and positive) that collected in my brain to produce this. I don’t believe that all men are like this, I’m just trying to prove a point that when a man is associated with an animal, the cat is actually more apt of a description.
Here’s why:
Intelligent. Their conniving intelligence is awe-inspiring. No really, it is. You might think that I’m giving them too much credit, but really, I don’t think we give them enough. They know exactly what they want, they just sometimes pretend to be stupid so that they can get it. From the beginning, guys just know what it is they want, and are often single-minded in their pursuit of getting that. While it may be something material like an expensive car, this also applies to women. I’ve seen it, I’ve lived it, it sucks, but such is life. Now once they get that thing in particular, they want to move on to something else, something new, something different. A better version of that car perhaps, a newer model. Again, it happens, nothing we can do about it. If guys were more like dogs, their intelligence would be limited, and they would be unthinkingly happy once they got what they wanted. Have you ever played fetch with a dog? They never tire of that game because it makes them so happy, they only stop to sleep, and when they wake it starts all over again. Their simple stance on happiness is quite refreshing, if a little boring.
We clean up after their shit. Literally and otherwise. Stupidly, we choose to do it. ‘Oh, but he’s so cute! And look how he’s so loving! Of course I’ll clean up after him if I can keep him!’ While that may sound like I’m reducing women to nothing but brainless bimbos, the fact is that it’s true. Something in our brains is just preprogrammed to want to accept their shit in our lives. With a dog, it’s more of a legal obligation than a choice in accepting that responsibility. Don’t ask me why we choose to do it, I don’t understand it myself. It’s a conundrum, really, and one that is enough to be its own focus for a future post.
Hit it and quit it. While a cat might not follow that exact term, they do like to play when it’s convenient for them, and then peace out when they’ve had enough. A cat will rub against your leg, get your attention, and then when you give him enough scratching behind the ears, he’s gone to go fulfill another need. I feel like I have to mention again that this isn’t meant to encompass all men, just the ones that we would commonly refer to as ‘dogs’. I’m not trying to bash the entire male race, I’m just saying give the dog a bone and leave him alone, because the cat is the one you’ve got to look out for.
I feel sorry for the dog. There’s no need to feel sorry for the cat. They’ve got it made. Just sayin’.
No comments:
Post a Comment